Name: Ashley Heller
Agency: The Rock Agency
Hometown: Sun Prairie, WI
"I'm Ashley Heller; I’m 21 years old. I’ve lived in Wisconsin all my life, I have 2 cats, I love to paint, take photos of my travels and make art of any kind. Modeling is my main focus right now and I’ve worked in Osaka, Tokyo, Hong Kong, Barcelona, Istanbul, and Italy."
1) How and when did you know you wanted to become a model?
Ever since I was very young I dreamed about becoming a model, but it wasn't until I overcame some of my shyness, that I was able to tell my mother it was something I wanted to try. Once I found out I could travel, I finished high school a semester early, and began working when I was 17 in Korea.
2) Where were you discovered?
I was discovered in Madison WI when I went to an open call at what is now my mother agency, The Rock Agency.
3) What do you like most about being a model?
I love getting to travel and work with people from all over the world. I think it’s the best education anyone can get.
4) What has been the greatest experience you have had so far?
I would say every experience I’ve had has been really great. I am so lucky to be able to do what I always dreamed of, and that I love my job.
5) What is your fashion dream?
I've always dreamed of doing an underwater shoot... I have some sort of obsession with mermaids.
6) What was your favorite city you traveled to work to?
My favorite city is Barcelona. You can walk anywhere in 30 minutes or less, it's beautiful, and I met really great friends there.
7) Who is your fashion icon?
I love everything the Olsen twins wear.
8) What are your goals in the next 5 years as a model?
To stay in really good shape and keep myself busy with work, so that I can make more beautiful art, and try new things I haven’t before.
9) What are your secrets for a fit and healthy body?
Eating natural foods and staying active are always the best ways for me to stay in shape. I like to walk as much as possible, and I also do yoga and pilates for my back.
10) What is your favorite part of your body?
I guess my favorite part of my body would be my midsection, because it's the easiest part of my body to maintain.
11) What makes you feel sexy?
Wearing clothes that fit my body really well always makes me feel sexy, and of course, heels are a must.
12) Is the fashion world what you expected it to be?
For the most part yes. My mother agency did a good job at telling me what it would be like, but it's still difficult like any other job. You have to work hard and always do your best, even when you are having a bad day missing your family and friends.
13) What do you enjoy doing when you are not working?
When I’m not working I love to spend time with my boyfriend, family, and friends. I also love to be outdoors, fishing with my boyfriend, trying new foods, painting, going on motorcycle rides with my parents, and shopping, of course.
14) What would you ask yourself that we haven’t asked you in this interview?
The Rock Agency